
Caleb has been so funny lately but it's not because he's trying. He's such a smart little guy that sometimes, the things that come out of his mouth are very honest and reasonable---just not the way the rest of us think.
*Last night, Caleb was complaining that he wants a "big brother". I told him that he'd never have a big brother, but maybe some day he'd have a little brother. He got really excited and I said "Why do you want a little brother?" Caleb answered, very matter-of-factly, "So I can teach him all the stuff that boys like and watch him get frosting all over his face at his birthday." It all made sense to me, so I told Caleb to go tell Chris that he (Chris) should get a little brother for him (Caleb). Caleb said, "No! I don't want Daddy to get a little brother. I want to go get one from the Little Brother Store!" He's a little too young to explain where babies come from, so I just told him that we'd figure it all out some day...
*I got the car cleaned today---on the inside and out. I had the car wash people use the "New Car Smell" so it smelled really good when I picked Caleb up from preschool today. I said "Doesn't the car smell so good?" He took a big whiff of the air and said "Oh, yes!!! It smells like WATER!" (I guess we're all entitled to our own opinions....)
As you may notice from the picture above, Caleb got a haircut today. It was a quick trip: we were in and out in about 15 minutes because the kids' salon was pretty empty when we got there. As I was paying for the haircut, Caleb was eating his sucker (always a perk of getting a haircut---don't you think?) and checking out all the merchandise that was for sale by the register. Just as I turned around to usher the kids out of the place, I noticed Caleb really quickly grab a little pig-shaped soap and stuff it in his pocket!! I quickly pulled it back out and explained that if he were to take it out of the store, it would be called "stealing". He didn't really seem to care either way and wasn't sad that I took it away. I think he maybe thought that the little soaps were some sort of "parting gift" from the salon since there were so many of them! :P
1 comment:
What!? No hair coloring this time! ;)
Post a Comment