Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Not Much Going On... (long one)

Well, it's Tuesday and there's not much going on. The weather is getting nicer (50 degrees today and sunny) and Caleb started school again today. Yesterday, we had our first "child melt-down" in a store where I was thoroughly embarrassed. We were stopping at our last errand of the day (Kohl's)and Caleb was very insistent that we skip going to the store and just go home. He drug his feet the whole way into the store and once inside declared at the top of his lungs "I want to go home NOW!!!" It took some convincing (and a potty break) but he eventually gave in and let me do the shopping I needed to do.

Tonight, our family did something unheard-of for us: we went to the gym!! Both Chris and I are always talking about how we need to work out again and our gym membership was just collecting dust from us not using it. I saw that my favorite class was scheduled for tonight---Zumba!!---so I got the family to come with me to the Y and do their own thing while I worked out. It was fabulous!!! We felt so good afterwards that Chris even shot-down the idea of me making guacamole when we got home, so that's gotta say something! :)

On our way home from the gym, it was almost dark out, but we could see a big cloud of smoke about halfway to our house. We decided to investigate and see if it was just a bonfire or if something was really burning. As we got closer and closer, the smoke was yellower and yellower, which was pretty weird. Once we got as close as we could to the blaze, we realized that it was NOT a bonfire---a field was on fire!! There was a firefighter with a flare walking around it (probably making sure the flame didn't get to some nearby trees) and there were several fire trucks on the closest street monitoring the fire. There were also several on-lookers and many of them were walking across a baseball field to get close to the flame. Chris asked Caleb if he wanted to walk out there, but Caleb gave a quick "no!!" He was VERY apprehensive getting close to the fire and we had to assure him that we would keep him safe, no matter what.

Hard to see it because we're across the baseball field here, but you can kind of see how big the fire is....


Other funny stories in the Christenson household:

*We were in a store the other day and a song called "All the Single Ladies" (by Beyonce) started playing. Caleb said "Mom! This is your favorite song!" and then proceeded to sing the song! The funniest part is that he doesn't sing "All the single ladies! All the single ladies!" as the song says. Caleb sings "I want the single ladies! I want the single ladies!" He came up with it all on his own and I doubt he even knows what he's saying, but it's pretty funny! :)

*I told Caleb that later this week, we would dye eggs for Easter (which he's never done). Tonight before bed, he told Chris that he and Mommy are going to "kill some eggs". We understood what he meant right away but it was pretty cute!

*Caleb's newest phrase from preschool: "Holy Moly, Spicy Guacamole!!"

Hannah has been up to her usual tricks and I feel like I'm constantly chasing her, no matter where we are. She'll do something so naughty and when you go to stop her, she looks up with the cutest little crinkly-nosed smile. How can I say no to that? ;)

Here is Hannah in the tutu that she got for Christmas....


She has learned how to climb onto the ottoman in our living room, which is blocking the TV so she can't get behind it. (I should say, she USED TO not be able to get behind the TV....Ugh...) When she climbs on it--wanting to sneak behind the TV--and I say "Hannah...." to stop her, she always lays flat on the ottoman and says "Night night!!" Can you believe this girl? She's pretending that her intention is to take a nap there when what she really wants is to get into trouble. I'm going to say that these are Chris' genes at work here.... (kidding!!) What a little stinker, she is! :)


2 comments:

Erin Lewis said...

What an adorable little girl - how cute her personality is becoming! I bet your mom has some similar stories about you!!! He he. I can't wait to share funny stories about Robbie. Our weather is unusually cold here. It is only in the 50's - about 20 degress below usual for this time of year. I fear that we will go from this to screaming hot!!!

Kara said...

The weather here in Iowa is like what it is like in MN. It was pretty nice on the 7th here what about you?