Sunday, April 5, 2009

Wonderful Weekend

The past couple of days have been a wonderful weekend! Yesterday, I met some girl friends for a regional conference for my Stampin' Up! business. I learned so many awesome tips and craft techniques and I was pumped up with energy when I came home Saturday afternoon. Chris spent the day with the kids and it was quite obvious that they had a good time. Chris taught Hannah how to say "Hi, Mommy" while I was away and he also let Caleb pick out his own clothes for the day (which Caleb was quite proud of). :)

We had a VERY relaxing Sunday, which is just what we like. We had decided to visit a local church (that some neighbors attend) but are going to wait until after Easter, since we normally attend my in-laws' church on that Sunday. Both kids slept-in until almost 9am, and I woke up (at 9am) to the sound of Chris cooking bacon and eggs. How nice!! We got our relaxation in during the rest of the morning and finally mozied up to Chris' parents' house in the afternoon. I should mention now that my husband---who is allergic to cats---wants a cat. We took a detour to the Coon Rapids Humane Society to see what animals they had available. Lots of cats but none that would be good for us, so we didn't add to our family today. (Stay tuned for more stories on that topic!!) On a side note, they only had 6 dogs there, which is AWESOME!! They were mostly older dogs but there were a couple families that were trying to adopt while we were there, so it really looked promising. I'm not good at being neutral when going to places like that----I want to take ALL of the animals home with me.
We finally made it to my in-laws' house and had a fabulous dinner, as usual. Both kids were pretty tired by the time we left and they both fell asleep on the way home, which was wonderful. I think that we're rested up and ready for a kick-butt week, so let's hope we can make the most of it!

Random: here's another picture from Hunter Girls. Thanks, Carrie!!

No comments: