Friday, May 1, 2009

Funny Sleeper

We recently found out that Caleb has inherited a funny trait from Chris and I: sleep-walking and sleep-talking. Chris has the tendency to talk in his sleep. I, too, talk in my sleep (although you can't understand what the heck I'm saying) and when I was young, I also would sleep-walk. Our first indication that Caleb was a sleep-walker came the other night. Chris and I were sitting in bed watching the 10 o'clock news. We heard Caleb's bedroom door open, saw him walk into our room, into our bathroom and then into the "water closet" (where our toilet is). We thought "Oh, I guess he has to go potty." A second later, Caleb comes walking right back out of the bathroom, walks out of our room, back into his room and back into his bed. We talked to him when he came out of the bathroom but he didn't respond. His eyes were open but we couldn't figure out why he would go into the bathroom but not actually go potty. Our conclusion is that he's a sleep-walker which is pretty funny! As it turns out, he has talked in his sleep every night since the sleep-walking incident. When I went to check on him the other night, he sat straight up in bed as soon as I touched his head and then started talking, but wasn't making any sense. This morning, he was sleeping in our bed and started talking when Chris was getting ready for work. Chris nudged me then because Caleb was also smiling and laughing in his sleep, too. How funny!! I wonder if we'll have more sleep-walking stories in the future. I also wish we could some how record his sleep-walking because he totally didn't believe me when I told him about it the next day!! :)

1 comment:

Beth said...

I have sleep walkers too -- E mostly, but recently G did it too. Just a little, uh, heads up...sometimes, while sleepwalking, pretty much anywhere could be 'the potty'...and I am NOT the only one I know whose kid has done that...