Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Rain, rain, go away!

As you can imagine by the title, it's raining over here. Not just raining but POURING! I have to admit, I'm always a little nervous when I am home without Chris and a storm starts. I'm not nervous about tornadoes or rain, in general. I'm worried that our house will get hit by lightening!! It happened in August of 2005. I was 8 1/2 months pregnant and home alone with Jack. At about 3:00 in the afternoon, it started to rain very heavily and all of a sudden there was a loud CRACK and a flash. Everything went crazy: half the appliances died instantly (including the garage door opener on the other side of the house and the AC), and the fridge started spitting out water and ice all over the floor! As it turned out, lightening hit the AC unit next to the house and sent a surge throughout the house which killed a lot of necessary electrical things. While we were able to get everything figured out (and repaired) and the house didn't start on fire or anything (thank goodness!), I am forever nervous that it will happen again---only worse next time! Oh, well....just one more irrational fear that I need to over-come! :p

3 comments:

andi said...

When you find a way to overcome irrational fears, let me know. I have a plethora of them!

Erin Lewis said...

Oh my gosh, that would have been SO SCARY!!!

Kara said...

That would have been pretty creepy to be there alone and then BAM your house is struck by lighting. (Gives me the creeps just thinking aboutit:) :O