On Monday evening, my mom baby-sat for a couple of hours while Chris and I went out to dinner with friends. When we came home, my mom informed me that she put Hannah down for a nap (this is a good thing!) but Hannah mysteriously got her whole bed wet (this is a bad thing...) so my mom washed Hannah's bedsheets while we were gone. (Thanks, Mom!) Hmmm....mysteriously got her bed wet but she wasn't wet herself. How did she manage this? On Tuesday, I found out. I went up to her room when she woke up from her afternoon nap and found the same scene: soaking bed, dry Hannah. This time, Hannah showed me what she did. She discovered that if she tips her sippy cup of milk upside-down, it will slowly drip, drip drip. I don't know how long it took her, but she "dripped" all of her milk out onto her bed-sheet and was pretty darn proud of herself! (Yes, I sometimes give her a sippy cup with a little bit of milk in it to help her fall asleep. This phase might be the end of that!)
Last night (Tuesday night), I went to check on her around 10pm, like I always do. By this time of night, she is always fast alseep and she always looks so darn cute. What I found in her bed this night wasn't necessarily so cute, however. I found a sleeping Hannah with a bare-butt, PJ pants and diaper thrown on the floor and once again, a completely soaking-wet bed. This time, it wasn't milk that made the bed wet. I suppose we could say that this is the first time Hannnah has actually wet the bed---and she wasn't even potty training. So, like clock-work, I woke her up, put a new diaper and a onesie on her (so she couldn't take her diaper off) and changed her sheets AGAIN. Her bed sheets and mattress pad have been washed THREE TIMES in the past 36 hours. Let's hope I'm not doing MORE laundry today because of a wet bed because it's driving me nuts!!
Wednesday, June 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Maybe Hannah is telling you she WANTS to start some potty training.
Or...that you need to invest in some duct tape. :) (Been there, done that...to the diaper, in case you wondered...heehee)
Oh man, that is too funny but I can't laugh too hard or it will happen to me!
Post a Comment