Sunday, June 21, 2009

CRASH!

At 6am this morning (Father's Day), there was a huge crash which made my bed shake. I woke up, thinking that lightning just struck our house, but was stumped when I saw that it was a perfectly sunny day outside. I realized that Chris was downstairs and would figure it all out, so I didn't worry....until I heard the front screen door slam and not re-open. Why would Chris be outside at 6am on a Sunday morning? Well, because the paper man just rammed his car into our garage door. That's why! As it turns out, the guy that delivers our Sunday paper lost control of his brakes and smashed into our garage door, leaving a good-sized dent. The guy felt really bad and luckily, the dent didn't get to our cars which were safely (we assumed) parked in the garage. I just have to say that I am so glad that our paper man (for the Star Tribune) drops our papers off at 6am and not at 3am like our neighbor's Pioneer Press paper man does. (Can you imagine this fiasco occurring in the middle of the night?!) The only really stinky part of the whole situation is that the guy FORGOT TO LEAVE OUR PAPER with us when he left. I suppose he had other things on his mind, but, seriously, doesn't he understand how important my Sunday Crypt-o-quip is to me?!

No comments: