Monday, June 15, 2009

More Experiments....

These days, Hannah tries new things just to see what kind of reaction we'll give her. In the past couple days, she's been experimenting with the word "no", as is typical for any one-and-a-half-year old. It started with her saying "nonononono" if I would sing a song she didn't want to hear. Our rides in the car sound something like this lately:

Me: "Twinkle, twinkle little star! How I wonder..."
H: "Nononononononono!"
Me: "Okay. Let's try this one: Row, row, row your boat, gently down the..."
H: "Nononononononono!"

This goes on until either I get sick of trying to remember every children's song that I've ever heard or Hannah decides she likes one of the songs I'm singing. It's a little bit exhausting but I'm just glad she isn't screaming and throwing many tantrums as I would expect from her at this age. At least she's taken this new "no" word and is putting it towards useful things: today she walked up to a light-socket, pointed to it and said, "Nononononono!" That's one smart cookie I have!

Another thing she's experiment with is her diaper. (Oh, Lord, please let this phase end quickly!!) I usually put a onesie or a pair of pants on her, so she doesn't really have the option to take her diaper off unless she takes all of her clothes off, too. However, today, I forgot to put pants on her and let her run around in her diaper and a t-shirt. I walked into the sun room where she had been playing and this is what I found:


She had taken her diaper off and was trying to put it back on by putting her legs through it, like a pair of pants. When I asked her what she was doing, she started squealing and running around the house for me to chase her and put a new diaper on her. The only two up-sides that I could see from this situation are that she didn't pee on the floor (as far as I could see) and I got a really cute "naked tushy" picture that I didn't think would be appropriate to post. (You'll have to see that one in person next time you see me!)

Well, I have to go---a new stage is starting as I type this. Caleb grabbed something and said "Mine!" Hannah heard him and is now running around behind him shouting "Mine! Mine! Mine!" Grrrrreat....

2 comments:

Beth said...

All the 'no' talk reminds me of the Katie 'no-nee-no-nee-no' story....remember hearing that? Ask your mom. :)

babysitting buissness said...

Ahhh yes, been there, done that and unfortunately Kyla did pee on the floor at one point, thankfully nothing from the other end!!