Monday, June 1, 2009

Scissors

There are many a disaster that could occur when a three-year old uses a pair of these:


However, I'm sure that all of you can name the number one stereotypical three-year old thing to do: cut hair. This is what my child did this afternoon and I only found out because he left the evidence ALL OVER the kitchen. He had been playing with his crayons, stickers and scissors at the kitchen table for a long time. I was running around the house getting stuff done, but walking past him about every 5 minutes or less. Finally, I stopped to do some cleaning in the kitchen and noticed that there was hair EVERYWHERE! On the floor, on the kitchen island, by the sink....I didn't understand why at first. Finally, I took a look at Caleb's head.


Luckily, it could have been worse. It was hard to capture the cut on film (which I consider a good thing!). If you look hard, you can see a slight bald spot on the top-left of his head. (Your left.) He took a couple good chunks out of his hair, but being a boy and having short hair, I'm assuming that it will grow back rather quickly....I hope. I guess I've been waiting for this incident to happen because it seems that all kids cut their own hair at one time or another. I just wasn't thinking it would be so soon!!

5 comments:

The Fritz Facts said...

Boo cut off one of her pigtails when she was three...her hair was about to the bottom of her shoulder blades when she did. Talk about a dramatic change.

Andi said...

Caleb can cut his hair all he wants as long as he stays away from Hannah's adorable hair and pigtails! :)

Aunt Deb said...

Kyle chopped off the whole right side of Kara's bangs when she was about 2. Turns out he had put gum in her hair and was trying to correct the first mistake. I'm thinking he used a nail clippers to cut the hair out. Kara had a hard time "growing hair", so this took a very long time to correct. However, she didn't mind at all because she was still in that "I'm just going to watch everything you do and not be naughty" stage. That soon ended!

Kara said...

My mom told the story that I was going to tell and she got every thing right except for the last three words because I will never come out of that stage! j/k j/k

G said...

This is one of those "Ah Ha!" moments that moms wait for their children to grow up and experience with their own kids...
This reminds me of a time when a little girl and her brother cut each other's hair...and then tried to reattach it with scotch tape so their mommy wouldn't notice! HA! (Some pictures of the event may have to mysteriously appear - LOL!)