Monday, June 1, 2009

Oh, Cute!!

Well, it's official: Hannah is not the baby of the family anymore. It has taken the birth of another cousin for me to finally accept that she's almost a "big girl". (And her brother keeps reminding me that she's not a baby anymore, but a "toddler".)

Cecelia Anne was born in the afternoon on Saturday (May 30th). She is a beautiful little girl and she is has a great set of parents--Jeff (Chris' brother) and his wife, Bridget. I'd love to post a picture but I'm going to wait for two reasons. The first being that I would like for Jeff to post all the details on his blog first (after all, he IS the daddy!!) and secondly, because my awful "camera luck" made me forget my camera before we went to visit them in the hospital. Don't worry, I'll be taking LOTS of pictures the next time we see "Baby Cece". :)

While we were in the hospital room visiting with the new family, Hannah kept saying "Baby! Baby! Baby!" over and over and over. You can really tell what we were saying when we left because the whole walk from the hospital room to the car, Hannah was saying "Oh, cooo! Oh, cooo! Oh, cooo! (Oh, cute!)" over and over. Also, the birth of Cece only makes us laugh more about Caleb being the only boy cousin. My mother-in-law joked that I would probably have to have the next boy (this was before Cece was born and before my other sister-in-law found out that she is having a girl in September) and I thought that was funny. Now, I think it might be true!! I guess we'll see what God has in store, but until then, Caleb better relish in his "only boy" status and get as much guy-time as he can with his daddy, uncles and grandpa! :)

1 comment:

Jon and Stefanie said...

How exciting! Congratulations on the new niece/cousin! Wow, I didn't know Heather and John we're having a girl. I bet there will be lots of fun slumber parties in the future with all of them!