Monday, July 6, 2009

I Love You

Tonight after dinner, I'm pretty sure that my heart melted. As I was cleaning Hannah up after her nightly show of throwing broccoli and chicken from her tray to the floor, she looked up at me and said "I love you." It sounded something like "I ya-you" but it was definitely "I love you". Previously, she's repeated it, but never said it unprompted before today. It was SO ADORABLE!! It knocked our socks off and I practically teared up. She even ran over to Chris and said it a minute later and repeated it several times before her bedtime. What a doll! I don't remember how old Caleb was when he said that for the first time, but it certainly surprised me when Hannah said it at 18-months. Mommy-life is so much fun!! :)

3 comments:

andi said...

SO CUTE!

Beth said...

Doesn't get much better than that. The other day Gabe crawled in bed with us, reached one arm around each of our necks and said "I love you guys soooo much." *melt* Wish a person could bottle that stuff. :)

Erin Lewis said...

Oh, I cannot WAIT to hear Robbie say that out loud - I have told Kevin that he tells me with his eyes now! He he he, that is just wishful Mommy thinking.