Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Right Around the Corner?

Is it just me, or does it feel like fall is right around the corner?! I know that I've mentioned this before, but I've really been feeling like summer is almost over lately. It doesn't help that all the stores are now stocking fall clothes and shoes. I needed new sandals for Hannah the other day, but when I went to the shoe store, I noticed that all of the sandals were on sale (YES!) and totally picked-over (NO!). I asked the sales lady about it and she said, very matter-of-factly, "Sandal-buying season is over. It's now time to buy fall shoes." Fall shoes won't help me in the middle of July when my daughter grows out of her old sandals. (For the record, I asked her to call around to other stores to FIND sandals in Hannah's size. I ended up with three pairs of shoes that will get us through September. Whew!) After the "shoe fiasco", I decided to shut out the world and enjoy my book in the warm summer sunshine. By coincidence, the author (who is local to MN) was explaining in the storyline that fall really begins in August. He claims that the nights get cooler and you can feel a chill in the air. In August?! Well, August really IS around the corner, so if what he's saying is true, then I'd better keep the sweatshirts handy. I can't say that I'm not excited for fall to begin, but can we just enjoy summer for a little while before we think of cold weather again???

No comments: