When Caleb was about 14 months old, he climbed out of his crib and fell flat on his face on the floor. It gave Chris and I a heart attack, of course, and we were SO thankful that he wasn't hurt more than a bump on the head. We couldn't figure out what to do next since he was sure to climb out of his crib again but he was certainly too young for a toddler bed. We ended up finding a "crib tent" at Babies R Us. It's basically a tent that goes over the top of the crib, so the baby inside the crib can't get out. It's completely breathable and safe enough, and actually, it worked wonders for Caleb. We even lent it out to friends when we were done with it, and ended up "donating" it to a family with twins who couldn't afford a crib tent of their own. A couple years later, along comes Hannah. When I was out of town a month ago, Chris witnessed Hannah attempt to climb out of her crib, so off he went to find a crib tent. He couldn't find the exact one that we had before, but he installed the one he found and it's worked well for the past month. Until today, that is. When I went into Hannah's room to get her after her nap today, this is what I found:


She climbed under the back part of the tent, and was climbing on the outside of it. When I pulled out the camera, she actually posed and said "Cheese!" (Sigh....)
2 comments:
Maybe she is just practicing to become a professional climber of sorts. Do they have Olympic sports for climbing? Maybe she needs a big girl bed already. The risks of breaking her head open seem to be less that way. :) Good luck with your monkey.
I think the best part of the story is her innocent "cheese" - poor girl didn't realize you were catching her in the act! Your kids are just too cute - I love the picture of them cuddling togheter on the couch . . . I hope my kids are like that! Robbie is definitely a little cuddle monkey!
Post a Comment