Saturday, August 1, 2009

Adorable Saturday

Apparently, when both of my kids woke up this morning, they were even cuter than they were when they went to bed the night before. I didn't think it was possible, but it is. Chris got up early (as usual) and as he was shuffling down the stairs, my little "early-riser", aka Caleb, woke up, too. Daddy and Caleb hung out downstairs so the girls could sleep in (whoo-hoo for me!). Around 9am, I was snuggled up in my bed and I heard my bedroom door open. I squint open my eyes and there is a little person slowly walking towards me. It was Caleb, of course. He crawled up on my bed, put his face about an inch away from mine and in a loud whisper said, "Mom? Are you having a coma?"

A few minutes later, after laughing so hard I practically fell out of bed, I heard Hannah awake in her room. I went in, but she didn't see me at first. I love when this happens, because I can watch her playing in her crib when she thinks no one is watching. You wonder what a 19-month old actually says and does when you're not in the room with them, and with Hannah, she uses her amazing imagination (like her brother, might I add). I watched her talk to a stuffed sea horse that she sleeps with every night. It was playing music and it's tummy was lit up. She covered the sea horse up with her blanket (so there wasn't any more light in her bed), took her milk cup from the night before, and began to pretend-feed her sea horse. I've never seen her pretend like that before so I was in shock! To make it even cuter, she said "Go go go!" when she put the cup up to the sea horses "mouth", which, in Hannah-language, means "Here you go!"

What a cute way to start the weekend! :)

No comments: