On Friday, I had a bunch of places to go to and coincidentally, all of those places could be found at the Mall of America. So, the kids and I (and our trusty double-stroller) headed to spend the morning at the mall. While my mind was set on getting the errands done and getting out of there, the kids were being so good that we decided to linger a bit. I've trained my kids well: after an hour they were asking for some "Caribou". (Caribou is a coffee chain that originated in the Twin Cities and it's also one of my addictions.) Smoothies, oatmeal raisin cookies and ice tea in hand, we continued our journey through the maze we call "our mall". No Underwater World or Nickelodeon Adventures this time around, but Caleb did get to point out some items at the Disney store that are on his "birthday wish list". (I think it's safe to say that he wants EVERYTHING in that store.) For lunch, we decided to treat ourselves and go to Noodles and Company, which is the kids' favorite restaurant. It's kind of a mix between fast food and a sit-down place, and I've never attempted taking both kids there by myself. It turned out to be fine. We had a great lunch on "the patio", which is outside of the restaurant but in the hallway area of the mall.
Here are couple phone pictures of the kids before their lunch arrived. Hannah was so engrossed in the ambiance that she refused to look at the camera. :)


After mornings like this, I think I am the most exhausted of all three of us, but it was a great time spent with the kiddos. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment