Saturday, August 15, 2009

Have you ever...???

Have you ever needed to use eye-makeup remover to clean your son's entire face and hands? This is one thing I can now add to the list of "Things I've done that I never thought I would do". This afternoon, Chris and Hannah were both taking naps while Caleb was playing and I was busying myself in the kitchen. Caleb went upstairs to, I assumed, play in his room. He was up there for a good 15 minutes or so, but being very quiet. I didn't think much of it until I heard something drop on the floor upstairs in my bedroom bathroom. Alert, I quietly went upstairs to find Caleb not in his bedroom but in my bathroom. What was he doing, you ask?? Smearing black water-proof mascara ALL over his face. On his eye brows, on his cheeks....everywhere. In the process, he had gotten it on his hands, as well. He also, for some strange reason that only a 3-yr old can imagine, had opened my deodorant, and not only smeared mascara on the top of the deodorant, but also got deodorant IN HIS HAIR. I absolutely could not run and get the camera, no matter how much I wanted to. With Chris sleeping, I knew it was my duty to show Caleb that what he did was wrong. (Point One for Katie, the disciplinarian!!) Caleb was so darn proud of himself and said "Look, Mom! I've got a black face now!" I asked him what exactly he thought he was doing.

"Disguising myself so no one will know it's me!" he proudly answered. I pulled out my make-up remover and a cotton-ball, and carefully, but completely, removed ALL of the mascara. Although Caleb said that he wouldn't do it again, I am for now and forever LOCKING my upstairs bathroom. Too many instances where he's gotten into one thing or another. When does this phase end, I ask??

1 comment:

andi said...

I can't say that I have ever done this. :)