I'd say that I'm just coming out of a "blogging funk" but the truth is, we've been busy doing nothing around here. Not too much to say because there isn't much going on. I will summarize recent events in this post by telling all the things that I've learned in the past 5 days.
I've Learned That...
...I shouldn't underestimate my children. Both Caleb and Hannah are so good at surprising me. Not only did Caleb shock me by "pausing" his television show with the remote when he needed a potty break (all on his own!), but Hannah shocked me just as much by counting "Six, Seven, Eight, Nine, Ten...Here I come!" at the grocery store. These are two amazing kids and it's so much fun to experience each new little talent that they discover.
...We really need to finish our basement. On Wednesday, Chris came home from work just in time to shoo us all into the basement. As it turns out, there were tornadoes popping up all over the metro area and some were VERY close to us. We made it into the basement in time (and experienced no damage from high winds at our house) but our little trip downstairs was quite an eye-opener. Not only was I stuck sitting on Jack's big dog pillow on the cement floor, but Chris had to sit on his exercise bike because there was no other place to hang out! Okay...time to finish the basement so when we have severe weather, we can be more comfortable while we wait it out!! (Thank you to all the people who called to make sure that we were okay. All is well and I'm glad no one was hurt.)
...I really need to get out more. I've been a member of two separate Mom's Clubs for almost 5 years and my attendance lately has been practically non-existent. Today, the kids and I ventured out in the rain to go to a lunch at our friends' house for one of the MOMS Club events. Both Caleb and Hannah had a BLAST and so did I. Chatting with my wonderful friends that I don't see often and seeing how great my kids were while playing with the other kids was so refreshing. Once again, it made me excited for fall to start since I know we'll have more opportunities to see that group of people when the weather gets chillier. Summer, be done!! (I know, some of you are thinking I'm crazy, but I'm SO ready for September to begin!!)
...One of the best feelings is laughing until you cry. On Sunday afternoon, my parents, brothers, sister-in-law, aunt and two cousins all came over to our house for late lunch and also to hang out. The afternoon turned to evening and we ended up playing a card game called "Apples to Apples". This game is one of my favorites and it's always more fun when you're playing it with some funny folks. Just to let you know how hard I was laughing, I almost peed my pants three separate times because I couldn't control my giggles. Now that, my friends, is what I call "a good time"! :)
*Laundry just might get the best of me. On Sunday when my family was over, I didn't realize that Caleb had been eating watermelon ALL day. The little guy ate probably half of a whole watermelon by himself---no lie. This resulted in not one, but TWO bed-wetting accidents in the middle of the night. One in his bed....and one in Mommy and Daddy's bed. Laundry just had to be done on Monday morning and believe me, there was a lot of it! Then, on Monday and Tuesday, Caleb successfully wet his PANTS three different times. I'm still not sure if it was on purpose or not since Caleb was so nonchalant about the whole thing, but the end result was, of course, more laundry. I cannot even tell you how many loads I have done in the past four days. I swear, it's never-ending!
I'm sure there are many more things that I've learned in the past couple of days, but hopefully this will give you a little insight into how low-key our days have really been. We're enjoying the last couple weeks of summer and *patiently* waiting for the State Fair to begin next week. Food on a stick, here we come!! :)
Thursday, August 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I feel honored to be one of your "funny folks". That was a very FUN day. I think you should add a "Things That I've Learned..." finding my inner Sleezy Katie :-)
I LOVE reading your blogs - you are so witty and entertaining!
Post a Comment