Wednesday, August 26, 2009

A Shady Salesman

Caleb was eating some fruit snacks today and I asked if I could have "just one". First, you must know that eating fruit snacks is a long process for Caleb. He opens the package, dumps them all onto the coffee table and proceeds to sort them into color, flavor and/or character. Sometimes he'll say "you can have one of these" because there is more than one of a particular shape, so I said "Hey, you've got a lot of strawberry ones. I had better eat one of those."

Caleb: "No, you shouldn't! Then there wouldn't be as many of those. Besides, you can't just take one, you have to buy it, like when you're at a store."

Me: "Well, how much are you selling that one strawberry fruit snack for?"

Caleb: "Mom! Don't you know I'm just a kid?! I can't sell anything!" And he took his fruit snacks and moved to the kitchen table. Way to lead me on! :)

No comments: