Thursday, September 10, 2009

First Day of School 2009


Wednesday was Caleb's first day of preschool for the year. I have to admit, we really felt like we were "old hats" at this, since he is in the same classroom as last year, and has two of the same teachers. It was also a nice surprise to see a few of the same kids in this years' class so at least Caleb had friends to play with right away.

I wasn't teary this year---I'll save my tears for kindergarten now---but one of us was having quite a hard time with Caleb being gone. Hannah couldn't figure out why we left Caleb at school and not her. She isn't used to having one-on-one time with Mommy, although I'm sure she enjoyed it. She asked me "Where Ga-Ga? (Where's Caleb?)" about 50 times before we picked him up in the afternoon. And, I also have to admit, I wasn't prepared for the alone time with Hannah, myself. As soon as we got back in the car from dropping Caleb off, I was stumped as to what to do with our time. Oh, don't worry---we figured it out. A little Caribou (coffee) and some shopping did just the trick for us. :)

Caleb had a great day and I think he's so happy to back into a routine where he gets to see his friends all the time. Yay for fall!

No comments: