Thursday, September 10, 2009

Labor Day Weekend

I'm a little bit slow on the posts this week, so please forgive me. While I haven't consciously felt busy, our days are getting busier and busier as fall approaches. We took Labor Day weekend as our "last" weekend to relax (although I can see many more relaxing weekends in our future).

Friday and Saturday, Chris, two of his brothers and their dad, went up to Lake Superior to do some fishing. They did a lot of research before the weekend and spent some time prepping the boat for the big trip. While Chris originally wanted this to be a family trip, the guys ended up going up for the "maiden Superior voyage" without us, so they could check everything out and get to know the area. Here are some great pictures that my father-in-law took:

Chris on the boat:


Some of you have asked for a better picture of the "new" boat. Here she is---Big Red in all her glory!


On Saturday, when the guys were headed out for a day on the water, the fog was incredible. I love this picture so much that I'm debating framing it so I can look at it all the time...


While Chris was away, the kids and I met up with the other "fishing widows" for lunch and some good ol' baby talk. My sister-in-law, Heather, was on the verge of delivering her first baby----but more on that later. Chris got home late Saturday night, leaving Sunday for us to relax and prepare for our Labor Day BBQ. On Monday (Labor Day), our families came over for some picnic-y food, Bocce Ball....

...and of course, one more cake. (An ice cream cake this time!)


I hope everyone had a great holiday weekend!!

2 comments:

Robyn said...

Sounds like you guys had a great weekend. Katie, I LOVE the pic of the foggy boats - you should frame it.

Erin Lewis said...

That picture is stunning!