
It was definitely a first though. Luckily, we have been to the doctor's office several times since H1N1 has been a hot topic (for other reasons---mostly well check-ups), so I knew what to expect when we got there. Caleb had a runny nose, a low-grade fever, I assumed he was achy (because of some complaints that he had) and he was complaining of a sore throat. (This was all in the late afternoon after the apple orchard.) To be safe, I took him to the doctor when Chris got home from work. Caleb was in good spirits and was actually excited to wear the mask I said he would have to wear. That was the first thing I asked for when I spoke to the receptionist and it seemed like nothing new for her to hand one over. We saw the pediatrician, who first ruled-out strep throat. Then she told me that it looks like he just has a cold, but if it's H1N1, I'll know by the next day because his fever will spike. She also said that either way (cold or flu), I should keep him home for one week. First thing's first: Caleb is fine today. No spiked fever and barely the runny nose that he had yesterday. Secondly: do I still need to keep him home for a whole week?! I'm going to go crazy!! So far, I've put up my new Uppercase Living expressions on my walls and started laundry and dishes. I don't dare clean until the illnesses are over and then I'll sanitize the place. However, 6 more days of this??? I don't think I can handle being couped-up with both kids if they aren't really sick. Humph.
No comments:
Post a Comment