Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Happy Fall!

Here's a little bit of "fall cheer" to get you in the mood for the new season:


This was one of the lovely sites that the kids and I saw today. We finally made it to the apple orchard and hung out with my friend, Marisa, and her daughter, Ava. We were supposed to have this "date" last Tuesday but had to reschedule due to my knee injury. This week, the knee was back to normal so we headed over to the west metro where Marisa lives. The only down-side is that both kids woke up several times in the middle of the night (for no apparent reason that we could see) and then both woke up in the morning with stuffy noses. It wasn't that bad so we went to the orchard anyways, but by the time we left, both kids were sniffling even more than when we arrived. The running noses didn't stop them from having a great time, however. :)

If anyone is looking for a fun place to go, I recommend this place:


It's in Delano, Minnesota and it's really cute. Plus, since we went on a Tuesday, it wasn't very busy.

Here are the kids, ready to play:


Here they are ready for a little wagon ride around the grass:


(Hannah was loving her Honeycrisp apple.)

We also played on hay bales that were towered up with slides going down the sides. We saw chickens and fed goats (although, when Hannah saw the goats, she said "Oh, cute! Cows!"). We also went on a tractor ride through the apple tree fields. We learned all about the different kinds of apples (including the new SweeTango) and were tempted to pick some strawberries, raspberries and pumpkins. We did, however, make it back to the cafe for lunch and, of course, purchased some apple goodies to take home (caramel apples, regular apples, dried apples, Apple Fritter bread and two sippy cups full of apple cider).

What a great way to spend the first day of fall!! Now, I can stop saying "I wish fall were here" and start saying "I wish it would cool down so I could wear a sweater"! :)

2 comments:

Beth I. said...

Hannah's reaction to the goats totally makes me think about when you were little and used to say "OHHH CEEEEUUUUUUUTTTE!" :)

Erin Lewis said...

This place looks amazing! I have it on my "to do" list to make it to one of these this year! Let's see if I actually get it done!