Friday, September 25, 2009

Paper Dolls

Okay, you men out there won't think that this post is very interesting, but I just had to post this for the little girl in every woman's heart. I have an electric die cut machine that I use for many different purposes. It is such a great machine that I often lend out it's services to my friends and they frequently come over to use it. My friend, Mindy, recently asked if she could come over and make "a few paper bears" to use as paper dolls for her daughters as an activity for them to play with in the car. I thought it was a really awesome idea and ended up asking if she wanted to use my paper doll program that works with the die cut machine. I had never used it, and as it turns out, I am SO glad that I bought it. (I bought it on sale over a year ago.) We ended up taking it to the limit and Mindy ended up with 33 paper dolls in total. She is planning to laminate them and possibly put felt on the back of them, so they can go on a small felt board. I know, it's not the typical kind of "dress up" paper doll that you would think of, but once we started our project, we decided that this was the way to go.

How cute are these?!




I can't wait for Hannah to get a little older so I can make some of these for her, too. Who am I kidding? I want to make them for myself! (Kidding....mostly.) They were just so much fun to make, I can't wait for an excuse to make more. :)

3 comments:

Beth I. said...

Hey! Those are awesome!! I'm assuming you're talking Cricut there? Coolness. I'm thinking maybe velcro after the laminating too, to let them stick the clothes on? or how does that work?

Carrie said...

Very cool - and cool idea with the felt also

Jon and Stefanie said...

I love this! So cute and girly :)