....the apple orchard!!
Okay, so I know we were just there last Tuesday. However, the apple fritter bread that I got from there was SO DELICIOUS and I just needed more. My whole family loves it so I planned to get back to that orchard as soon as I could and buy about five loaves---four of which I would freeze for future use. One problem: this specific apple orchard is an hour away from my house. When was I ever going to randomly be in that area? Never! So, the kids and I decided to go there this morning while Chris was hunting with his brothers and dad. And while we were at it, we thought we might swing by our favorite little restaurant in my old hometown and have some brunch. Luckily, my dad was in town this weekend, so he, my mom, and my youngest brother all joined us. It was so much fun!! No pictures to post since I didn't bring my camera. Just know that the orchard looked the same as it did on Tuesday, only today was about 100 times busier. Also, when I first got there, THERE WAS NO APPLE FRITTER BREAD out in the store. I had a minor heart attack realizing that I might have just dragged my children and parents across the entire Twin Cities for no reason. The owner happened to be standing right there and said "Don't worry. The bread will be out in a few minutes." It was and boy, was it fresh! The loaves I picked were even still warm! You might think I'm nuts for basically writing a whole post about apple fritter bread but you've got to try this stuff. It's fabulous!! :)
Saturday, September 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I have half a loaf in my fridge right now. And now I think I have to have a piece. Thanks for wrecking my appetite for dinner!
Post a Comment