Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Carrot Cake

We went to a restaurant last night called Bakers Square. If you've never heard of it, they have about a million different kinds of pies. (Okay, a million is exaggerating, but seriously, any kind of pie you can think of.) We hadn't planned to go here, but found ourselves right next to this place and hungry, plus Caleb always loves a good piece of pie. Plus plus, I worked at a Bakers Square in college so it's all comfort food to me. (And I can cut a pie into 5 even, perfect slices. Thank you, useless talents!)

Anyways, at the end of our meal, after looking through the pie menu about 10 times, Caleb finally decided on what kind he wanted: Carrot Cake. (I know, not a pie, but still delicious.) I knew the pieces were big but WOW! This piece was about as big as Caleb's head....


Needless to say, there were leftovers and today, Caleb wanted to eat more. He took a few bites, then left the piece of cake sitting on the table while he went off to play. A certain golden retriever started circling the kitchen table and seemed to be getting ready to jump up and gobble down the carrot cake. I told Caleb that he had better put the cake away or eat it so Jack wouldn't. As it turns out, Caleb really wanted the cake to sit on the table and wait for him, so this is what he did:


He positioned all of the chairs around the side of the table that his cake was on, so Jack was blocked from jumping up and eating it. Pretty clever, if I do say so myself. (And it worked!)

1 comment:

andi said...

I'm surprised Jack didn't just jump on the chairs and get to it that way. You can't tell me he won't go on those chairs since I know he sits on the coffee table! :)