Thursday, October 22, 2009

Opinions!

Lately, we have a new "boss" in our house and her name is Hannah. Hannah turns 22 months old today and, let me tell you, she's really good at practicing her "2-year old opinionated self". She not only talks ALL DAY (must be genes from her father...*wink*) but she also lets us know exactly what she wants and when she wants it. She's all about "that kind" of whatever she wants. She points to the counter and says "Snack, snack. That kind." If we give her one bowl for her cereal, she opens the cupboard and pulls out another style bowl saying "this kind", demanding in her own way that we change it. That's just a taste of it. I do have to say that I'm glad she doesn't throw tantrums when she doesn't get her way---she just fake cries a little bit and pulls on your heart-strings. (How does she know that she's got us all wrapped around her little finger??) Hannah also loves the colors yellow (ye-yo) and pink (kink). Everything has to be yellow and pink when she wants something. In the past two days, she has demanded a "kink kate" (pink plate) for her pancakes to be put on, "kink ants" (pink pants) to be worn by her at all times, and she just got in my face and said "Wa-wa in ye-yo cup!" I think we'll work on the word "please" next in her vocabulary, although the cute little "thank you" she says when you give her what she wants is enough to make me give in to her demands every time. :)

1 comment:

Erin Lewis said...

I just got back to my office after being out all week for a seminar. I love the new pics and can't wait to see the fall ones you had done. I love to hear about what the kids are up to - especially since it helps me prepare for my very near future!