
These four guys have been a group since 2002. They are all from New Orleans, LA, and they all have wives and children of their own. When they were trying to figure out the style of their group, they decided that they wanted to be like "Van Halen circa 1979...only for kids". It was really neat to see them live because they were more candid then they are on TV (obviously....they have a scripted show) and the live performance even had some funny adult humor in it, too. (The drummer shouted "Hello, Minneapolis!" at the beginning of the show, then started singing and playing "Purple Rain". Haha!) Anyway, these guys have great personalities and it's even more incredible to hear about all that they've been through. In their words: "Not even a hurricane can break us up!"
Caleb loved the show but Hannah gave it about a "5" on a "1-10 scale". She really wanted to run around but couldn't because we were in the middle of a row. Plus, she didn't really like the booming bass sounds at the beginning. She ended up warming up to the live performance, but spent a good 45 minutes crawling from Daddy's lap, onto the floor, back up onto her chair, behind Caleb on his chair, over to Mommy's lap and back onto the floor. (Whoa...I'm getting exhausted again just thinking about it!) Not even two packs of fruit snacks could keep her still----it was quite an experience!!
Hannah checking out the stage before the lights went down:
Caleb got his required snack for any live performance: Skittles. At least he's easy to please!
Here is a quick shot of the kids in the skyway after the show. Caleb's souvenir was a light up drum stick called a "Scribble Stick". It was the LAST one in the whole Target Center. (I almost went crazy watching the supply deplete as I was standing at the front of the souvenir line!!! Argh!!) Hannah didn't get a drum stick because there was only one left, so she got a glow stick instead. (She didn't really care either way, thank goodness.)
We also got a great peek at Target Field, where the Twins will start playing when the 2010 baseball season starts. I'm not the biggest fan of outdoor baseball (I'd rather be sitting in the Dome on a windy or rainy day than wearing a poncho outdoors), however, Target Field is SO beautiful. Can't wait for baseball season to start!!! :)
Chris and I both agree that we're going to take a little break from live children's shows for awhile and perhaps take Caleb to the Children's Theater instead. I'll let you know how that goes when we try it. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment