Monday, October 5, 2009

Laryngitis

When I posted yesterday, I forgot to update on my voice. I woke up on Sunday morning without a voice (still) and also with swollen glands. I decided to go to the doctor just in case I had strep or something worse. As it turns out, it's just a good ol' case of Laryngitis! The doctor said that the strep test was negative and I obviously didn't have anything more than a mild virus. He also said that the only reason why my glands were swollen and my throat might hurt is because I've been TALKING TOO MUCH and straining my voice. Wow....getting scolded by the doctor for using my voice too much. So, the long and the short of it is that I really shouldn't talk and if you know me, you know that is VERY hard for me not to do. Today (Monday), I woke up with NO VOICE whatsoever and I've had to whisper all morning. Chris felt pity for me so he's working from home today to help me with the kids. Caleb doesn't understand why I just don't talk louder so it's going to be an interesting day!

1 comment:

Aunt Deb said...

My Dr. always told me that whispering with laryngitis was as harmful to my voice as trying to "force" some sound. Write notes and learn sign language :-)