Friday, November 13, 2009
Slumber Party
For the past couple of weeks, Caleb has been hooked on the idea of having a slumber party. Every night, he asks if Hannah can "sleep over" in his room, or vice versa. Tonight, Chris and I decided to let it happen. However, we figured the easiest way to do it would be to have Hannah in her crib with her crib tent zipped, of course, and Caleb on his mattress on the floor next to the crib. Both kids were excited about the "sleep over" idea but we didn't realize that Hannah would be so jealous of her brother getting to sleep on the floor. For the first few minutes, she cried and cried because she was so mad. We left the kids in the room anyways (just to see how they would handle it) and suggested to Caleb that he sing to his sister. After a few minutes of the kids being in Hannah's room with no crying, Chris and I decided to spy on them. We sat on the stairs and listened to them for quite a while---and the whole time, our hearts were melting. Caleb was being so sweet to Hannah. He said, "Hannah, you know I take care of you. I'm your big brother. It's okay, sweetie pie. Here, you can sleep with Big Blue until morning." (Big Blue is Caleb's favorite blanket that he cannot sleep without.) Chris and I thought that was so adorable!! It was also cute to listen to Caleb tell Hannah to go to sleep and her start fake-snoring. So funny! The slumber party is still going, complete with Hannah belting out her version of "Twinkle twinkle little star". I'll let you know if they end up falling asleep or if we have to separate them later! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
adorable! :)
I seriously think that is the sweetest thing I have ever heard!
Post a Comment