Saturday, December 19, 2009

Gingerbread House

Last week, my in-laws were kind enough to spend the day with my kids while I attempted to get most of my Christmas shopping done. The kids always have such a great time with Grandma and Grandpa and my in-laws had quite a few things planned for the day. One thing was lunch at Noodles & Company (which is the kids favorite restaurant). Another thing they did was make a lot of yummy cookies. The third thing they did was make a gingerbread house. This was especially cool because the kids had never made one before. (I have to admit it hadn't even crossed my mind this year with how busy we've been! Bad, Mommy!) So, when I finally got back to my in-laws home, there was a really awesome gingerbread house there to admire, and both kids were extremely proud of their handy-work!

Here is one side of the house:



Here is the other side. As you can see, Caleb made a really awesome picture of a gingerbread man to put on the side of the house. (Yes, the cut-out looks more like the Pillsbury Doughboy, but to Caleb's credit, he was trying to draw a gingerbread man wearing a chef's hat and holding a whisk. I think he nailed it!)


(I'm also pretty amazing that I was able to get the kids to pose for that picture!)

This next picture is just one that I love. Caleb was super excited to start eating the house (the poor gingerbread house didn't last very long in our home due to our sweet-teeth....). You can tell he's really excited about it, but I also love Hannah's face as she's looking up at her big brother.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi!
We got your Christmas card and loved the pic! I am checking out your blog. :0) How do you get that excellent background?