Thursday, January 7, 2010

Snow and Cold

Remember the snow storm we had over Christmas? Well, it's not quite that bad outside, but we definitely got more snow today. The worst part is that tomorrow is a high of 3 degrees! Seriously! Living in the Twin Cities, I know that the school districts aren't afraid of a little snow and a lot of cold, so I'm pretty sure nothing will be shut down. That said, I thought I'd write a little post about how our "back to normal" week has been. First of all, I misread Caleb's preschool calendar and thought he didn't have school on Monday. "Hooray for us! One more lazy day!", I thought. When I brought him to school yesterday, all the teachers said, "Hi, Caleb! We missed you on Monday!" Oops....Okay, so that was Mom's fault. To make matters worse, it was "Everyone bring something for Show-and-Tell" day, which we didn't know about because Caleb wasn't there on Monday. Oops, again! Luckily, his teacher said that he can bring some for Show-and-tell on Friday, and Caleb was okay with that.

Chris and I have been doing pretty well with our "healthy lifestyle" so far. I've gone to the gym for three days in a row, which is pretty amazing for me. Also, my sister taught me how to do a killer Army ab work-out called an "Ab Destroyer". Yesterday, I could only do half of one but today I did a whole one, so I'm getting better at it. Although, Torie told me that she often had to do 40 of them in a row, so I now know how she got her toned six-pack. What is an "Ab Destroyer", you ask? I will tell you!

1 Ab Destroyer = 20 full sit-ups
20 crunches
20 side-crunches
20 side-crunches (other side)
20 double leg-lifts
20 double leg-lifts (other side)

I was whining the whole time Torie was teaching me, but I appreciate the knowledge. Abs of steel, here I come!! (Riiiiiiiight....)

So, I guess you all know what I'll be doing tomorrow if we get stuck inside because of the cold. I'll also try to get video of Hannah. When I was on the floor doing sit-ups earlier today, she sat next to me and said, "My turn!" Then she put her hands on her cheeks (instead of behind her head) and stuck her feet in the air. She wasn't really doing sit-ups, but she was sure good at mimicking the grunting sounds I was making. Great! :)

1 comment:

Erin Lewis said...

Ha ha ha, the grunting sounds! That is too funny . . . only because my son grunts every time he lifts anything and I tease my husband that it came from him!

Oh how I remember my days of ripped abs thanks to the military - I can say with certainty that I do not miss them (only because I hated working out with someone yelling in my face! - I do miss the nice abs)