Saturday, February 6, 2010

Build-a-Bear

Before our trip, I took the kids to Mall of America (MOA) so they could each make a bear at Build-a-Bear Workshop. We had gift cards left over from Christmas and I thought this would be the perfect way to spend them, since Caleb is kind of obsessed with not only dressing up in costumes himself, but also dressing up his teddy bears and other stuffed animals these days! It turned out to be a fun day because my mom and youngest brother met us at the mall and we all had lunch after making the bears.

Caleb picked out a "camo" bear (in honor of Auntie Torie in the Army):


Hannah picked a pink bear (of course!):



Hannah didn't know quite what to think about this whole "making a teddy bear" thing. She wasn't as into the process as Caleb was, but she still participated as best she could! :)




Caleb took over both bears in the end.....



The kids LOVE their bears. Hannah picked out a ballerina outfit for her pink bear and Caleb picked out a Star Wars outfit for his (complete with a light saber and all).



I hate to say that I get just as excited about picking out the bears and the outfits for them as the kids are. That store has EVERYTHING for teddy bears! I love it! :)

No comments: