We're not Irish (that I know of) so we don't typically go all out and have green beer or corned beef with cabbage on this day. However, we DO wear green (we don't want to get pinched, after all). Caleb PLANS for this day. No lie: he had his outfit picked out in January. We went to Old Navy at that time and I found a cute St. Patrick's Day shirt for Hannah:
Caleb decided that he wanted something, so he picked out green sweat pants and an all green shirt. I convinced him to get a green striped shirt instead (the outfit he picked was too green for me!) and we found some green socks for him. A pair of shamrock sunglass from the craft store and his shamrock necklace from last year completed the ensemble, so the end result was this:
Ta-da!!
He had a great time walking into his preschool class today and receiving compliments on his attire. Having kids really makes these little holidays seem so fun!! :)
Another little tidbit that I learned today is that leprechauns are pesky little fellows. While Caleb and his class were in the gym today, "a leprechaun" went into their class and made a big mess! Caleb said that there was even a chair ON the computer! He asked if a leprechaun came to our house and made a mess while he was at preschool. My answer: "Well, the leprechaun stopped by but thought our house was already messy enough!" Whew! Way to think on your toes, Mom!! At least I'll know to make a mess for next year....or not. ;)
2 comments:
WOW! Now that's an outfit fit for St. Patrick's Day!
We had green pee "food coloring" in the toliet and leprechaun poop "little green marshmellows" on the floor in the bathroom. LOL
Post a Comment