I don't typically blog about the things I purchase, but I have to show some of you girls out there the cutest thing that I found. The back story, is that ALL the stores have their spring/summer stuff out. Not just clothing stores, but home stores, too! I am often in Pier 1 getting this or that (mostly gifts, hehe) and happened to be in the Minnetonka store last week getting a gift for a friend. I came across these wine glasses:

(Not the best picture because it's taken with my phone.)
They look like they are hand-painted (no clue if they really are), but the colors REALLY made me long for spring!! Because I was not shopping for myself at that time, I got two of these glasses for my friend. (Aren't you proud, Chris? I showed restraint....at a store!!! j/k) However, I told my hubby ALL about these gorgeous wine glasses when I came home and flat out told him that I was going to get some for us. (He wasn't allowed to disagree. They're pretty.) :) So, I went to my local Pier 1 yesterday to see if they had any. Turns out, they were not even unpacked from the shipment of merchandise they had received the night before, but the salesperson found them in the computer and sold some to me, promising to call when they are unpacked and set aside for me. It also turns out that I was not the only person who saw these and fell in love. There were 25 glasses like this in their stockroom and by the time I came asking for them, some of those 25 were already purchased by other people. Whew!! So, long story short (or short story long???), I am now ready to have everyone over for a spring wine/BBQ. You can hold me to that. :)
1 comment:
Mine are still in the box--and I am so lucky to be that friend who got them!
I am going to pull them out next weekend for my mom and I for her birthday party!
Thanks again!
Post a Comment