Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Yea, Yea, Yea...

So.....I've been a little busy. I was surprised to check the date on my last post and see that it was posted OVER a week ago, so I do apologize! That is, if anyone still reads this blog! :)

Today was a slightly eventful day, but it was mostly negative and mostly because of my own crabbiness. When I'm crabby, the kids get crabby and we all turn into little monsters! I should have known my day would be crazy from the moment I woke up. I'll tell you why: My alarm went off at 7am sharp and I heard Zippy give a couple little "yips" downstairs, which usually means he knows that we're awake and wants us to let him out. (Yes, he's turning into quite a smart little puppy!) Anyhoo, we keep him shut in his "gated area" during the night, while Jack has the run of the main level. (Sometimes, he even sleeps right next to Zip's gate---it's really cute.) This morning, however, I was walking down the stairs when all of a sudden, the little fur-ball showed up at the foot of the stairs, and was so excited to see me! For a second, I thought I was still sleeping, but, no, Zippy really got out of his gate! I cleaned up the one accident he had, and took a few minutes to wonder how long he was roaming the house while we slept. Amazingly enough, nothing was ruined and the one accident was tiny. I put him back in his area while I did a couple things around the house, and then a few minutes later, he was right by my feet again! He was a little Houdini!! As it turns out, he figured out that if he pushes on his kennel, it moves the gate, and he can then slide out under the cabinets where the gate is against. (I hope you caught all of that---there will be a quiz later. j/k) Luckily, we had guests over later this morning, which helped get Zippy's mind off his new trick, so he hasn't tried to "escape" since then. What a little stinker!!

What else have we been up to, you might wonder? We had a fun and exhausting weekend full of family time and party time! :) The kids stayed over at Grandma Sue and Grandpa Bob's house (and had a blast, I might add) while Chris and I got all dressed up for a Murder Mystery Party. The picture I took of us was pretty poor quality, but a friend of mine took a better one, so I'll post that as soon as I get it. Chris played Senator Justice and I was his wife, Jacquelyn. Everyone had so much fun at the party, even though neither Chris nor I were the victim or the murderer. :)

Other than that, we've been pretty boring. Preschool and play-dates during the week. A little bit of car shopping, only to decide that we want to keep our Tahoe for another year or two. Caleb and Hannah start another session of swimming lessons on Thursday so they are VERY excited about that. All last week (which was the week in between lessons) Hannah would say, "I go swimming today?" EVERYDAY. I do have to say that Daddy is her favorite parent to swim with, so I'm hoping he'll suit up and join her in the pool on Thursday instead of me. *wink*

More interesting posts to come, I hope. Sorry for the lull, folks!! We're just boring over here!! :)

No comments: