Sunday, February 21, 2010

"I'm Good!"

Lately, Hannah has been saying something funny to me, but I didn't think much of it until I heard her say the same thing to Chris earlier this morning. Apparently, Hannah's latest response to the question, "Hannah, do you need a time-out?" (when she's doing something naughty) is, "No, I'm good." She says this all the time! It's hard not to smile at her when she says this!

We were recently at a restaurant and Hannah was being very loud. I told her that she needed to quiet down because everyone in the restaurant is going like "this"---making a disappointed frown and shaking their head. Hannah mimicked my frowny face and she looked so cute that I started giving her different emotions to see what face she would make. So, for the past couple of days, I've been saying, "Okay, make a frown face. Okay, make a surprised face. Okay, make a baby face." Hannah took it to the next level and now continues the game by saying things like, "Okay, Mommy, make a twinkle little star face. Okay, make a Jack face. Okay, make a juice in my cup face." Not sure what these faces are supposed to look like but Hannah makes the "disappointed frown with a head shake" for each one!!! :)

Caleb-ism of the day: I was commenting on how we have "quite a family" so Caleb said, "Yep! We have two dogs, a frog, a snail, a two-year old, a four-year old and a...." then he looked a Chris and I and said, "What are your numbers again?" :)

Here's just a cute little Jack-ism: Chris and I were watching a fabulous game of tug-of-war between Jack and Zippy, when we realized that Jack was letting Zippy win. Jack was tugging so gently, that Zippy really thought he had the upper hand in the whole thing. Chris and I were commenting on how sweet Jack was being, when all of a sudden, both dogs started running around. Zippy is SO good at getting under Jack's feet when they run, so Jack was running very lightly to as not to step on Zippy---it was completely on purpose. Isn't that amazing? How do dogs know stuff like this? Jack seems to know that Zipper is just a pup and he's "oh so gentle" with him. I really think they are enjoying each other's company. (Maybe we should have gotten a "pet" for Jack years ago!)

No comments: