Saturday, May 1, 2010

The Answer...

Wow, are we all in a blogging funk or what? No new posts for many of you recently. Now, listen: I expect you to blog all the time. I however, am spending my time sleeping. Kidding--about the expecting you to blog part. This happens to be a busy time of year for most. I was not kidding about the sleeping part, however. As most of you guessed, the answer to my riddle is:

BABY #3 IS ON THE WAY!

Our little gummy bear is due to arrive at the beginning of December and we couldn't be more thrilled. This is my third, probably last and very much my worst pregnancy ever!! I'm not a big "morning sickness" person so that's not much of an issue. A little bit nausea the past couple of days, but nothing that some ginger ale can't get rid of. However, the fatigue is really getting to me! I have no motivation to get anything done around the house, let alone stuff I signed myself up to do weeks ago. Luckily, I already have two of the best kids in the world and they are completely content with me saying "Hey, kids, let's have some quiet time because the baby is making Mommy tired." I'm hoping that this tiredness clears up in a couple weeks when I exit the first trimester because I would really love to reward the kids with some fun adventures this summer. Energy, come back to me!!

As you can imagine, two of the most excited people in our family are Caleb and Hannah. Caleb is downright convinced that the baby will be a girl because he really wants another sister. I was surprised to hear him say this months ago and stick to it when there was actually a "baby in my tummy". Really? Another a sister? Even though the one you have gives you so much grief? I guess he likes it because he's willing to have two sisters. :) Hannah is a little young to understand the "it might be a boy, it might be a girl" side of things. She's spent the first couple weeks of knowing by pulling her shirt up at any opportunity and saying to whoever was in the room, "I have a baby in my tummy." That kind of gave the secret away to a lot of my MOMS Club friends because they would knowingly say to me, "Now, where did she learn that?" :) Now that the shirt pulling up has ceased, Hannah will use her "big sister" status as answers to questions.

Me: "Hannah, how did you get to be so smart?"
H: "Ummmm....because I'm a big sister?"

I guess it works in her mind and that's all that matters! So, you can see, we're excited for this year to hurry by so we can meet our newest family member. As for right now....I'm going to go take a nap. :)

7 comments:

Beth I. said...

How awesome!! Congrats to all of you!! A 2-grandbaby year for Grandpa Greg and Grandma Gloria! How special is THAT?!?!

*gEEns* said...

Congrats!!! I am so happy for you! :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!! Keep us updated on your pregnancy on Facebook. :-)
Then I can make fun of your cravings... LOL
{{{Hugs}}}

John said...

Katie, we are so happy for you guys! WOW - number 3!!!

Erin Lewis said...

I am SO EXCITED for you!!! So many new babies in the Scovill family this year! I hope we can all get together soon after your little gummy bear is born for a picture of gummy bear, baby lewis (Daniel Patrick) and baby Scovill!!!

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you!! I had a feeling before you even told me!!
Hope your nausea goes away soon!

Carrie said...

I'm always the last to know . . and on the blog??@?@!?!??!?!

Ok - fine - Congrats!!