Sunday, June 13, 2010

Camping!

Chris has been talking about camping for...oh, let's say....since we got married!! Unfortunately for him, he did not marry a "camping" kinda girl. I have major reservations about sleeping in a tent in the middle of no where--or a camp ground, even. Give me a camper, okay. Give me an RV, even better. Give me a cabin, I'm there!! Tent? Nu-uh!! (Yes, I am both wimpy and not out-doorsy.....so there.) Anyhoo, Chris finally put his foot down and declared that he was buying a tent. I complained, of course, which lead Chris to buy one of the least expensive tents he could find. He also bought sleeping bags for the kiddos and himself, and promised that the first night of camping would be in the back yard. Okay, I could deal with that. Especially since he said I could still sleep inside the house!! So, on a lovely evening in May (a very HUMID evening in May, that is), Chris set up the tent in the back yard, and the three campers piled into the tent for a night of fun!!

Said tent:


(Hannah looks pretty proud of herself here, but I'm sure she wasn't much help with the actual tent set-up...)

You sleep INSIDE the tent, Hannah!! :)



Hannah was all ready for the adventure....


....and Caleb was, too!!


As it turned out, Hannah wanted to come inside after half an hour, so she slept the night in her bed. At one point, Chris thought he broke the zipper on the tent so the boys came inside, but then Chris fixed it. (I know...my fault for insisting on a cheap tent!) The guys ended up sleeping very well in the tent and they were out there for a good 12 hours! I had coffee and french toast ready when they came in the next morning. They're so excited to try "camping" again and Chris is so excited to get our whole family out to a camp site, soon. (We'll see about that!!) ;)

1 comment:

*gEEns* said...

I am not a camper either!! I prefer showering/beds/toilets/etc!! No tents, NEVER :) You are not alone!