Tonight, we had tickets to the Twins vs. Braves game at Target Field. It had been pouring rain all day so I was so sure there would be a rainout. However, no rainout was called (apparently, baseball players are tough guys!), so we loaded up the troops and headed to Minneapolis! I can honestly say that we've really figured out the "formula" to taking our two kids to Twins games this year. Let me also say, it's refreshing to go to games without the kids, of course, but how fun to be able to give them the cool experience of Target Field and enjoying the Twins.
We were all in our sweatshirts, rain jackets and Twins hats, and our jeans were certainly soaking wet from sitting on the wet seats, HOWEVER, we had a super great time! (Yes, I did say "super great".) Hannah was adorable in her double-hood ensemble:
We were able to stay longer at this game than any other game we've attended with the kids. Our average is five innings, but we made it through seven innings this time (despite the rain!). We credit this to us standing in the food concourse for almost two innings while we had a bite to eat. Even though it was kind of chilly outside, the kids still wanted ice cream. When I asked how Caleb's ice cream was, he said it was "cold" and then shivered....
A few of our routines at these games are:
* Searching for the mascot, T.C. Bear. Hannah even had a melt-down last time because we couldn't find him, but luckily, he was out in the rain today and we were able to catch a glimpse.
*Screaming extra loud when "our guy" is playing. "Our guy" being the player we are sporting on our shirt at that game. Chris and Caleb usually wear Cuddyer shirts so he's "Caleb's guy", but Hannah doesn't have a number on her jersey. Tonight, she asked, "Where's my guy?" I asked her who her guy was and she chose....Justin Mourneau! So, I guess that's "her guy" now! (We all know who "my guy" is, and let's not talk about how sad this season is without him....)
*Drinking root beer. We have been waiting and waiting for the root beer guy to walk by our section. Three games later, with no root beer, I told Chris that we HAD to stop and get some. We brought our own (totally illegal...the security guy let me know, and let it go...hehe) and then, wouldn't you know, the root beer guy walked right by our section for the first time!! Argh!! Isn't that always the way??
And who knew Hannah's pony tail looked so good in a hat?!
What's that? I'm the only one who cares about that? Well...okay then!! ;)
We're just a bunch of Twins fans in this house and we can't wait for our next game!!
1 comment:
Oh my gosh Hannah's pony-tail is getting so long! Looks like you guys had a blast! Can't wait to see all of you!
Post a Comment