Tuesday, July 20, 2010
Getting Ready
This weekend, we are planning to have a garage sale. This is the second annual garage sale that we've done and I'm hoping that it's as much of a success this year as it was last year. Amazingly enough, we have almost the same amount of stuff to get rid of as we did last year, too. I guess that's what happens when you have growing children!! I'm even getting rid of some baby things that I know I won't use with this next one, so that will hopefully add some storage space to our basement once everything is sold/donated. Since the sale is on Friday, I planned to spend the WHOLE week getting ready for it. Yesterday, I went through every room and closet in our house trying to find things that we should get rid of. I filled our dining room table with those items, but found that I was out of places to look by 10am. I sat around for awhile moping because I wanted to find more stuff to sell but most of the stuff is in our storage locker. Today, since I can't move the storage locker stuff until Chris gets home from work, I plan to straighten what we do have for storage in the basement. I don't think I'll find much more for the sale, but it will sure feel better to have things organized down there. Tomorrow is the big project: cleaning the garage. This will require sweeping and vacuuming with a shop-vac. Yuck! I'm not looking forward to this part of getting ready but it has to be done. Plus, I hired a babysitter to hang out with the kids so I can clean in peace. I'm crossing my fingers that I can get it all done quickly and without any problems---or bugs for that matter. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment