Friday, July 23, 2010

It's a.....

BOY!! We're proud to announce that the newest addition to our "clan" is a boy! I'm happy to say that I was right in predicting the gender of ONE of my children and even so, I cried out of happiness when the ultrasound technician confirmed it. We had our 20-week ultrasound today and the baby is looking perfect in every way. Technology is absolutely amazing---we were even able to count his ten little fingers and ten little toes!! Literally!!

Some of you have also asked how Caleb and Hannah have taken the news. I might have mentioned before that both of them "wanted" a baby sister. I think the gender doesn't really matter to them, but they really stuck to their opinion of wanting to have another girl in the house. Finally, the other day, Caleb announced that he changed his mind. He wanted a boy after all since "Daddy said we can get a camping trailer if we have another boy". Chris was awfully surprised to hear this since he didn't actually say that (I think he probably said that we'll get a camping trailer someday regardless of the gender of this baby), but it was kind of cute the way Caleb was so set on this idea. So, this morning, I asked the kids one last time which gender they thought we would have and sure enough, back to "girl" both of them were. Of course, one of the first things Caleb said to me after telling him the news was "Yay! Now we can get a camping trailer!" so I guess his hopes are up! :)

1 comment:

Aunt Deb said...

Back to BLUE for the Christenson's. I'm 1 for 2 for the "Scovill" babies. We couldn't be happier for ALL of you! Did the picture come in color?? As in another "red head". Good thing God let's each of them look like themself!