Monday, July 26, 2010

Halloween

I am getting SO excited for fall. In my mind, fall begins when the State Fair ends, which is Labor Day. I'll have a five-year old by that point, and I'm already feeling like he's growing up too fast. When you think of fall, what's one thing that comes to mind? Let me tell you: Halloween!! This will be Hannah's first year trick-or-treating with her big brother, so that will be fun. The kids found some Easter buckets in the basement yesterday and have been using them to "practice" for Halloween. Hannah keeps walking up to me, saying, "Trick or Treat!" The first time she did it, I happened to have a bag of candy sitting near me, so I dropped one piece in the bucket. Now, when she does it at odd times of the day (say, breakfast time) and I don't indulge her with tossing candy in her bucket, she throws a little fit. I guess it's a hard lesson for a two-year old to learn that those magic words don't just make candy appear!!

An issue I've encountered with Halloween this year is letting the kids pick out their own costumes. I'm fine with them picking them out in general, however, Caleb has decided he wants to be The Hulk. No biggie right? Take a look at the face on this guy:


I'm all fine with him being the Hulk but I wish I could find a costume without this gross looking face!! Chris suggested painting Caleb's face green instead of letting him wear the mask, so I'm trying to decide what's worse: letting Caleb wear a weird mask or washing green face paint off everything!!

In case you were wondering, Hannah wants to be "Hello Kitty". Not so bad and not so messy, so that's a plus. When did my kids decide that they are too old for the adorable costumes from the Disney Store? Don't I get one more year to dress them up?? Oh, well....

No comments: