Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Apple Orchard

I have to first tell you that there will be more posts this fall titled "Apple Orchard" since we LOVE to go to the apple orchard all the time when the weather gets cooler. This year, however, we just couldn't wait. So today, we drove about an hour west of our house to meet up with a good friend of mine and her daughter, Ava, whom the kids love to play with. (Ava is three years old so she gets along well with both Caleb and Hannah.) Plus, my friend is just as pregnant as I am with a little boy of her own, so we make a great team waddling around as we chase our energetic kids all over creation! Anyhoo, we went to an apple orchard that we discovered last year and we were thrilled to see that they had a few of our favorite things already out. They had one type of apple picked already (we didn't get any) and they were in the process of building a really cool haystack/slide pile that the kids loved last year. They also had a few of their farm animals out for us to visit with.


(Caleb was too busy running head of us to pose for any animal pictures.)

We also did something we've never done before: pick raspberries. I know, I know---some of you are amazed and appalled that we have never done this. We have quite a few family members with raspberry bushes of their own so you'd think we had picked them before, but nope, we just never got around to it! Today, however, as we were having a bite to eat at the apple orchard cafe, we notice people walking around with raspberry containers. Turns out, they still had raspberries left this season so we decided to try it. HOW FUN! The kids had such a great time picking (and eating) raspberries (which just so happen to be one of their favorite things, I might add) that I might try to squeeze this in one or two more times this season if I can. I feel horrible that we weren't doing this on a weekly basis all summer long, but now I know for next year! :)

Here are just a few cute pictures of the kiddos from today:




Say "Raspberries!!!"

No comments: