Lately, it's like pulling teeth to get my four-almost-five-year old to eat a full meal. It's not that he snacks too much. He just doesn't want to eat whatever you set in front of him at mealtimes---no matter if it's his favorite food or something he's never even tried. I know it's a phase, so I'm not worried. However, Chris and I are certainly exhausted with the dinnertime routine of asking Caleb over and over to please eat something healthy.
My constant rule with him is "eat your protein". He's heard it a million times and pretty much knows that he won't get that delicious dessert or bedtime snack if the meat on his place is left untouched. So, tonight, was no surprise that we were arguing over the ever fabulous chicken on his plate. Finally, after me saying several times, "Protein first, buddy", he finally threw his hands up and said, "But, Mom! Don't you know what I am?" After me looking at him with a confused look on my face, he said, "I'm a candy factory! Candy energizes me--not protein!" :)
Wednesday, August 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment