There are so many new things going on this fall that I'll be sure to post about. Caleb is starting soccer soon and we're all excited about that. He met his coach and also got his uniform the other night. I took him to get cleats and shin-pads the other day, which was a new experience! I walked into the store and said to the first clerk I saw, "Okay, I'm new at this!" He just laughed and explained that Caleb will most likely need new cleats every year and also explained about the fit of cleats versus regular shoes. Good to know! I have to say, they weren't as expensive as I thought they would, which was a nice surprise, and they also look super cool! I'll post some pictures the first time he wears everything at once. To prove how excited we are to be doing a sport for the first time, let me tell you that I even ordered a really neat cooler-bag and had it personalized with our last name on it. Now, we'll not only be cheering loud for Caleb and his team, we'll also be looking like professional sport-parents as we sit and watch the games!! :)
The second activity that Caleb will do is more swimming lessons. Hannah is for-going all swimming lessons and sport lessons until she is three. The thought of having to get in the pool with her and hold her up as my belly gets bigger was too exhausting for me, so once 2011 begins, we'll enroll her in the first non-parent swim class. I also inquired about dance lessons for her, and was pleasantly surprised to hear that the local dance academy WOULD take Hannah in their three-year old class if she was potty-trained. Well, truth be told, she's NOT P.T. yet, and I would rather not have to pressure her into it just for an extracurricular activity. So, alas, we will wait until next year, which is just fine.
The end of our summer is full of summer weddings, a big anniversary party (not for us), and the State Fair. I'll try to keep my camera handy as we scoot around town since Lord knows I haven't been good at taking pictures lately!! :)
More interesting posts to come.....
Friday, August 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh Katie, the part that is the most fun is going to the games and cheering for them!!! Then you realize how COMPETITIVE all the other parents are!!! Go get 'em Caleb!
Post a Comment