Thursday, September 16, 2010

Big Girl Room #1

I have to label this "#1" because I'll post pictures in a "#2" post in a couple weeks.

As you may assume from the title, Hannah got a "big girl" room! Hannah has a whole new room for herself. We took the fourth bedroom of our upper level, which has been my craft room for the past five years, and turned it into what will be a ballerina room for Hannah. I spent the past week sorting tons of craft supplies and packing them as organized as I could so it could go in temporary storage. Chris did all the heavy-lifting and hauled everything to the basement where my new craft room will be. (Luckily, everything is easily accessible since I'll want to use it between now and the time that my new craft area is ready.) We decided not to repaint the walls in the bedroom since I found an adorable sheet set online that will match it just fine. (The walls are currently a caribbean blue color.) The sheets aren't here yet, which is why I'm not posting a picture, but I will post one as soon as her room is more decorated. For now, Hannah is sleeping on her new big girl bed with an extra set of sheets from her brother's room (which she doesn't mind). Everything from her old room (aka the nursery) is moved into her new room, which threw her off a little this morning when she looked in her old dresser for some clothes to wear and found all the drawers were empty. The neat thing is that even though we haven't purchased any bed rails for her bed yet, she didn't fall out of bed last night. Big relief for Chris and I, although, I know we'll have to take it one night at a time. One cute little tidbit from yesterday: as the furniture guys were hauling her new bed and dresser into her room, Hannah was standing right outside her room telling the guys all about how this was her "new big girl room" and that bed they were putting together was her "new big girl bed". We were also glad to see that all the excitement of the new room hasn't allowed her to miss her old room one bit. We even put the crib back together and put the mattress up high so it's ready for a newborn now. I think that helps Hannah realize that her old bed isn't hers anymore. Big changes, but fun changes in our household! :)

No comments: