With October behind us, and the fact that I had so little time to blog, I thought I'd do a little recap of some fun October activities that I failed to tell you about.
Firstly, we didn't carve pumpkins this year. The kids didn't seem to care much and the truth is, we had some time over the weekend, but decided to do other things instead. We love carving pumpkins, but the windy weather pushed our plans back a bit, since we couldn't go to our favorite place to get pumpkins when the weather was so yucky. We did, however, get some pumpkin painting in on the last 80-degree day of the year, which turned out to be so fun. Here are a few pictures of that:
Also in October, soccer ended!! Praise the Lord!! My joy that fall soccer is over mostly stems from my son's lack of motivation to actually play. At the last game, I was not the only parent saying to my son, "Just play for five more minutes and then you'll never have to play soccer again!" I know.....a lame way to bribe a five-year old, but it was cold and no one really wanted to be out there in the first place. Will we play soccer again next year? I'm going to assume the answer is "no", although, Caleb is pretty proud of the sweet trophy he got (and he'll probably want another one next year).
Another Halloween activity that the kids and I did was put together this really cool "Haunted Halloween House", made of ginger spice cookies. It was a kit that looked so easy. However, I've now realized that I'm HORRIBLE at making gingerbread houses, and should not be allowed to help the children with them. We were off to a good start....
...and this is what we ended up with....
....before the whole thing fell apart and we decided to eat it. Call me a quitter, but the frosting on the ginger cookie was SO worth it. :)
Halloween was pretty special this year because Hannah got to go trick-or-treating for the first time. We had less trick-or-treaters than usual this year (maybe because Halloween was on a Sunday?? Not sure...), which means we ONLY had about 100 kids ring our doorbell. Yea, that sounds like a lot, right? It's really not! We even had candy left over, after handing out handfuls to the kids who did show up. Oh, well....more for me, I guess....
Here is my Darth Vader (with his awesome light-saber):
And my adorable Cinderella (all bundled up for the chilly weather):
They were pretty proud of their "loot" and spent quite some time going through their candy and picking out which pieces they were going to eat before bed. We thought for sure they would have a "sugar crash" before bed, but at 9 o'clock, the only ones ready to crash were Mom and Dad! Oh, well---it was a fun, but quick, Halloween and Hannah is already talking about going trick-or-treating next year. (I think her exact words yesterday were, "I want to go back to Halloween and get more candy....")
Happy November, everyone!!
No comments:
Post a Comment