Thursday, December 23, 2010

Mother of Three

Today, I really feel like the mother of three kids! It's noon and no one is out of their PJs yet. I'm pretty sure I crawled out of bed around 9am, which was the earliest I would open my eyes since I was up quite a bit with the littlest one last night. Caleb and Hannah woke up during the 8 o'clock hour and went downstairs by themselves. Of course, since Mom and Dad were still sleeping, they helped themselves to a few Christmas cookies for breakfast. :) (No harm done--the cookie they chose had peanut butter in it, so that's good protein, right??) Connor decided to stay awake from 9am to 11:15am, trying to doze when he would nurse, but then waking up right when I would move him. Finally, at 11:15am, he decided to sleep in his swing---but is already stirring 45 minutes later. While I was trying to get Connor settled, Caleb and Hannah ended up having an argument over one of Hannah's new birthday toys. In true sibling fashion, Hannah laid on top of the toy in question and Caleb laid on top of Hannah to "crush" her (in his words). All I could really do is sigh and kind of chuckle at their retaliations towards each other (since neither one of them were actually getting hurt).

Things I am thankful for today:

* I am thankful that all of my Christmas shopping is done (two days before Christmas) so I don't have to feel too guilty about sitting in my jammies all day today.

* Pain medication, which I forgot to take this morning until I practically couldn't get off the couch, but knew I had to. (The pain meds have now kicked in---hooray!)

* Super glue, which helped me fix the Christmas ornaments that my daughter took off the tree to "decorate" her fort with but ended up sitting on as she climbed into the fort to play.

* Big ol' coffee makers, that allow me to make big ol' pots of coffee that I drink consistently throughout the day these days.

* The cradle swing that we got when Caleb was a baby. I think Connor likes it the most out of all three babies. Even when he's awake, he likes to sit in it and just hang out.

:)

No comments: