"Aww, Mom, do you have to take my picture now? I just woke up!"
Connor is one week old today! It seems like the week has gone by so fast. That's probably because we were in a cave (a.k.a. a hospital room) for half of Connor's life. It's so nice to be home and it's fun to get to know Connor's personality.
Here are a few things that we have figured out already (a format I am semi-copying from my creative sister-in-law's blog posts about my niece):
* Connor loves to hear the voices of the people in his family. If he is awake and we talk to him, he turns towards our voices and is very content as we talk.
* Connor is such a good baby!! He has only cried when he is very hungry but I need to change his diaper first. All other times, he makes cute little noises (he sounds like a little mouse) and seems to be so happy as soon as we pick him up.
* He's a cuddle-bug! He'll snuggle on us all day which makes it hard to get anything else done. :)
* He loves his swing and being rocked in his cradle. This is very handy since I can't hold him 24/7 like I want to. If he is awake and just wanting to hang out, I can put him in his swing and he happily listens to his siblings play around him.
* His siblings really love him but they have different ways of showing it. Caleb wants to hold him and talk to him all the time. Hannah doesn't want to hold him or help me change his diapers. She doesn't want to sit by him on the floor or talk to him when he's in his swing. She will, however, fill the empty spaces of his swing seat with lots of stuffed animals, so we have to keep our eye on her when he's napping. :)
* So far, he's a great sleeper! I know, this will change as he gets to be a couple weeks older, but for now, I'm loving it! He's been waking up in about three hour intervals at night so I actually feel like I'm getting some decent sleep here and there. Good for me AND my family, as we all know I can be a crab when my sleep is low. :)
* We took Connor to the pediatrician on Tuesday and he has only gained 1.5 ounces since we've been home. The doctor said that was fine, and it means that our little man is still a peanut! He is healthy and doing great!
We love you, Connor, and are so glad that you are finally here!!
No comments:
Post a Comment