Thursday, December 30, 2010

Precious

As I sit down with my second cup of coffee for the day, my three-week old son is sitting in his swing, cooing at the little birds that go around in a circle above his swing seat. It's so precious! I remember thinking how adorable it was when Caleb and Hannah did he same thing, and here I think this is just as cute. I also can't wait for Connor to get to the smiling stage---where he smiles back at us when we smile at him. So far, we've seen him smile in his sleep, and he's even laughed twice in his sleep. I've gotten two awake smiles, which I know were probably gas or something, but they were so worth it! :) I even cooed at him the other day while he was on my shoulder, and he looked up at me and cooed back! All of those could be flukes, but I'd like to think he's a brilliant baby who can't wait to interact with us more. (Don't burst my bubble! j/k)

Last night was a FABULOUS night of sleep. (Let me say right now that you WILL get sick of me talking about our nightly schedules. Sorry in advance!) Connor woke up three times, but I wouldn't even count the third because it was at 7am. He slept for an average of 3.5 hours at a stretch and it was GREAT for me!! We had two other kiddos crawl into bed with Chris and I, so I didn't want to nurse Connor in our bed like I have been when he wakes up. That was great motivation to nurse him in the rocking chair in his room, and then put him back in his crib. It turned out to be so good! Not only did Connor sleep a whole night in his crib, he also went to sleep on his own a couple times. I put him in his crib--fed and dry--and turned on his little light-up lullaby toy. Sure enough, it put the little guy to sleep like clockwork. Let's hope we have more nights like last night in the near future!! (Sleeping through the night wouldn't be too shabby either!) :)

No comments: